Thursday, June 10, 2010

From the mouth of babes,..."Thank You God for moisterizing in my hair."

Yep as I was coming Chloe's hair, she said, " Mommy what are you putting in it?" I said, "Hair Moisturizer" and she replies with the sweetest little thankful voice saying: "Thank you God for moisturizing my hair."

I did not know whether to cry or laugh. One thing is for certain, I thanked God for his grace, that he would even allow me to hear from my own toddlers lips that she is learning to be thankful for what she has,...

So, when I get a little frustrated with my little blessings for minor things like getting ready to play my guitar, only to find two bubble blowing sticks, some magnetic letters from the refrigerator, and a promotional flashlight from last year's Atlanta American Idol try outs...
rattling inside my instrument,....
What in the world is all that noise?

Flash light, magnetic letters, bubble sticks, crayons, etc... goodies from the tiny tots...


I can take a step back, and be thankful that I have to little blessings that He's entrusted me with, and that even when I can't tell whether or not they are listening to me,... they are.
No worries...

4 comments:

  1. I love this article, Erika. I am elated that at such a young age, Chloe already recognizes her blessings and knows exactly where they come from. Amen, Chloe...amen. :) -Naketa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl, I am so excited, this journey of motherhood ever ceases to surprise or amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is soo sweet!! Why wouldn't God trust you w/those angels, you were always a sweet and kind-hearted little girl growing up yourself...how time flies. I am so happy for you and your family, you are truly blessed. The kids are simply beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girl! That's so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete